Tuesday 26 January 2016

Mood Board Based On Character

Mood Board Based On Chosen Character

I created a mood board which shows images which link to my chosen character. By using visual images on my mood board I wanted to create a mood and feeling of the personality and appearance of my chosen character from the book Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde.

I presented my mood board to the class as well as talking through about some of the ideas I had, talking a bit about the book its self and some of the main characters and going into a bit more depth of my chosen character which is Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde as they are one person.

I started talking about some of points I found really interesting about the book and that was the description Mr Hyde about how they say he's deformed and doesn't look normal. This is really interesting because in Victorian times they didn't understand deformities and people with disabilities they just thought there was something wrong with them and didn't quite understand, when now we wouldn't bat an eye lid at someone that had deformities or had a disability but thats because we understand them now. This is another of my ideas that I could start researching into is deformities.

I also discussed other ideas I had which were going down the route of a human being possessed by something evil or to do with Satan. I really liked the sound of this idea as I think there is a lot I can work with by going down this route and also I'm really interested in spooky, creepy stuff like being possessed. I think it links to the book really well because Mr Hyde starts to take over the body of Dr Jekyll because Dr Jekyll cant seem to control the changing of personality after a while and manages to take over the body completely. This is the same thing that happens when a human gets possessed because something evil is taking over the body. I think this could be really fun and effective way to play with special effects. 


No comments:

Post a Comment