Thursday 11 February 2016

Burn's

Burn's

Equipment-

-Gelatin 
-Witchasle
-Latex
-Cotton buds
-Sculpting Tool
-Supra Colour 
-Fake Blood
-Wound Filler
-Black Sponge
-Charles Fox Bruise Wheel

Health and Safety

-The main safety measure which needs to take place when using gelatine is the temperature of the gelatine once it has been melted. It's important that you test the temperature of your product on yourself before putting it on your model.
Step By Step

First I started with melting my gelatine in the microwave for 20 seconds to make it into a liquid. Before putting it on my models skin I need it to cool down and check that it is at a cooler temperature to use on the skin.
Once it was at the correct temperature for my model I then placed it on the skin trying to work quickly before it starts to cool down too much as it starts to go solid which makes it harder to work with. While it was tacky I then used the spatular to pull holes and stretch it about to look slightly more burn skin like. To blend away the edges and to hold it in place i used latex over the sides of the gelatine because this blends it with the skin slighly.
I then moved onto drying it, I used a hair dryer on cold to dry the gelatine, I then put powder over the top to get rid of any tackiness.
I then moved on to colouring my burn, I used the supra colour to colour my burn to get a base colour of red, I then used a little bit of foundation just so it looked skin colour and takes away the white look that the powder gave it. I then also used fake blood on top, which I ended up putting too much on and couldn't seem to get it off because I think this made it look slightly too red and should have been darker. 
I also added in some yellows from the Charles fox bruise wheel which gave a skin like look to it and broke up the red slightly.
I really love the effect of using the gelatine because it shows a slightly shiny and bubbled effect which works really well for a burn. Next time when trying to colour it I will be more carful where I put the blood as I put slightly too much on which made the whole thing look slightly too red. 
Over all I was extremely happy with my first attempt at a burn.




No comments:

Post a Comment