Saturday 5 March 2016

First Idea - Face Charts

First Face Chart Design...

I started by creating a mind map and putting all my design ideas and research together, I used my research on Stevenson, research into Victorian males and my research into the book and the films which have been produced from the book.
This helped my create my character for TV and Film. I wanted to make sure that I didn't go too off track because this unit is to show something realistic and something that would happen to a character in the film. It also has to be a traditional looking Victorian. 

Below is one of my first designs, the idea for this one came from when I was researching into the werewolf. The reason the book Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde reminded me of werewolf's is because of the transformation that takes part in the book and in the films. The only difference is he changes from taking a potion and just changes personality and slightly in looks but not to the extent that a werewolf goes through. 
So I wanted to take the idea of the transformation of a werewolf, where they tie themselves down to stop themselves from hurting anyone else. Thats what normally happens in werewolf books and films. 
The way I have interpreted it is by not changing my character into an animal but just using the tying down transformation, I have shown this in my design by using a rope around the neck which has been imbedded in the skin. The rope would have cut the skin from being so tight, the rope then have been tight in the skin for a few days which has made the skin then dry onto the rope as well as the blood around it.
I really like this idea because it shows something that could happen in a Tv  episode or Film. My only worry is how realistic it's going to look, and also I have an hour and half to do a full look including hair as well which worries me slightly with this design. 



No comments:

Post a Comment